Lassander House

The Lassander House was originally built in 1748 on Gustaf Adolf’s street, but was later moved to the Museum Quarter. In its time, it was a modern building, a two-storey cubed house covered with a pitched roof. The year of construction is engraved above the attic window. The house has served as the home of, for example, the merchant families of Lassander and Ahla.

Today, the Lassander House is furnished and decorated like a home of a 18th century merchant family, and it also provides an introduction to the history of trade and seafaring.

Lassander house streetview